Got a valentine who loves Tres Leches Cake?
Try this spin on the super simple but very delicious Duncan Hines Tres Leches Cake Mix.
[Tweet “1921 La Crema Tres Leches Cake Recipe”]
- Duncan Hines Tres Leches Cake Mix
For Milk Syrup:
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Tequila 1921 La Crema
- ½ Cup Water
- 3 Large Eggs
[Tweet “1921 La Crema Tres Leches Cake in less than an hour! Make it today! “]
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. GREASE sides and bottom of 13 x 9 pan with shortening or oil spray. FLOUR lightly.
- BLEND cake mix, water and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 1 minute. POUR batter into a prepared cake pan.
- BAKE for 18-20 minutes. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. POKE holes in cake with fork, 1/2-inch part. Leave cake in pan..
- BLEND contents from small packet, 3 cups milk, and 1/2 Cup 1921 La Crema in small bowl with wire whisk until completely dissolved and well blended.
- POUR milk syrup over top of cake slowly. Cover and REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours. Frost with French Vanilla Cool Whip before serving.
- KEEP REFRIGERATED UNTIL READY TO SERVE. PROMPTLY REFRIGERATE UNUSED BAKED CAKE.