Got a valentine who loves Tres Leches Cake?
Try this spin on the super simple but very delicious Duncan Hines Tres Leches Cake Mix.
- Duncan Hines Tres Leches Cake Mix
For Milk Syrup:
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Tequila 1921 La Crema
- ½ Cup Water
- 3 Large Eggs
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. GREASE sides and bottom of 13 x 9 pan with shortening or oil spray. FLOUR lightly.
- BLEND cake mix, water and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). BEAT at medium speed for 1 minute. POUR batter into a prepared cake pan.
- BAKE for 18-20 minutes. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. POKE holes in cake with fork, 1/2-inch part. Leave cake in pan..
- BLEND contents from small packet, 3 cups milk, and 1/2 Cup 1921 La Crema in small bowl with wire whisk until completely dissolved and well blended.
- POUR milk syrup over top of cake slowly. Cover and REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours. Frost with French Vanilla Cool Whip before serving.
- KEEP REFRIGERATED UNTIL READY TO SERVE. PROMPTLY REFRIGERATE UNUSED BAKED CAKE.
Tequila Aficionado Magazine July 2020Profiles in Agave Spirits Volume 7Tequila Aficionado Magazine June 2020Tequila Aficionado Consumer Catador CourseProfiles in Agave Spirits Volume 6Profiles in Agave Spirits Volume 5Tequila Aficionado Magazine: May 2020Tequila Aficionado Tasting JournalTequila Aficionado Magazine: April 2020Profiles in Agave Spirits Volume 4Tequila Aficionado Magazine: February 2020Tequila Aficionado Magazine, January 2020Profiles in Agave Spirits Volume 3Profiles in Agave Spirits Volume 2Tequila Aficionado Magazine: 2019 Special Preview IssueProfiles in Agave Spirits Volume ISocial Media Marketing Playbook for Tequila and Mexican SpiritsFrom Babes to Boss LadiesCraft Tequila: WTF Does THAT Mean?The Big Business of Kosher TequilaVinazas: The Tequila Industry’s Dirty Little Secret