[Soltado Tequila was a paid sponsor of the Tequila Aficionado Heartland Tour and paid a nominal fee to be mentioned here and on our networks as we saw fit. In the interest of full disclosure, we didn’t want to love Soltado but we do. It makes an amazing Puerco Pibil.]
Sharing this recipe could get Mike killed. Luckily, Johnny Depp is too busy restoring the balance to other countries while things get crazy up in the Tequila Aficionado kitchen.
- 5lbs Pork Butt
- ½ Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Cup Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- 5 Tabespoons Ground Annato (Achiote)
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Allspice
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Habanero Peppers, sliced
- Healthy splash of Soltado Tequila
- Line a 3 quart crock pot with banana leaves.
- Place pork on the banana leaves in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Fold banana leaves over the pork & liquids.
- Cover with crock pot cover.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.