The first time I tried Siempre Tequila, I knew immediately that it’s herbaceousness would work perfectly in a vinaigrette.
Now when most people consider using tequila in a salad dressing they want to start adding avocados and limes and getting all kitchy on the Margarita theme. But I’m here to tell you that you need to stop doing that.
The next time you are looking for a salad, consider a Caprese salad without all that balsamic nonsense going around and use a Siempre Tequila dressing instead. That’s right, no balsamic anything, no avocados, no limes, and nothing that smacks of a margarita.
Caprese Dressing Ingredients
- 3 Tbl extra-virgin Olive oil
- 5 Tbl Siempre Tequila
- 4 cloves garlic (skinned)
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves (loosely packed)
- 10 basil leaves for topping
Place first 6 ingredients in pulse style blender and blend until dressing is consistent and smooth. Serve drizzled over sliced tomatoes and cheese (mozzarella or goat cheese). The classic Caprese alternates tomato and cheese slices on a platter.
Italian Dressing Ingredients
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Siempre Tequila
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Pinch of dried oregano
Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)