- make a careful and critical examination of (something).
“proposals for vetting large takeover bids”
|synonyms:||screen, assess, evaluate, appraise, weigh up, examine, look over, review, consider, scrutinize, study, inspect; More|
Influencers can do a world of good for your brand, a whole lot of bad for your brand, or nothing at all. What makes the difference is how much thought you put into choosing the influencers you work with.
Following is a simple way to vet influencers on Facebook to be sure they’re the ones you want to work with:
- Open your brand’s Facebook Page on desktop or laptop.
- Click on “More” in the top menu. Select “Insights”.
- When your Insights page opens, scroll down to “Pages to Watch”. Your Page will be listed there and you can add others. The ones you’ll want to add are the influencers you’re considering working with. Click on the blue “Add Pages” button.
- In the search field, you can search for a specific page to watch, if you’re considering a specific influencer, or you can type in a key word like “Tequila” or “Mezcal” and Facebook will search for pages on those topics. Select the ones you want to watch.
- Your new list of pages you are watching will appear at the bottom of your insights page. Don’t make your decision solely on Total Page Likes. It is a vanity number that can be deceiving. You’ll want to consider page activity, labeled “From Last Week”, whether or not they post regularly in the “Posts This Week” column, and most importantly, what kind of engagement they get in “Engagement This Week”.
If you consider all of these factors using this very simple Facebook Insights hack, you’ll be in a better position to make an educated decision on which influencers you choose to work with on Facebook. Happy vetting!