When I have lots of work to do, I usually bake something at the same time. The attention necessary to cooking properly provides the moments necessary for me to quiet my ADD mind so I’m more capable of focusing on the work. This week, I had several jobs I needed to take care of that became major exercises in problem solving so finally getting to the Maple Walnut Pound Cake recipe I wanted to twist with De La Tierre’s Maple Tequila was just what the doctor ordered.
Before you cringe at the maple & tequila combo, you should know that it is my opinion that this is a fantastic liqueur. You can read my review here.
So let’s get to the cake!
[Tweet “De La Tierre Maple Tequila Pound Cake Recipe by @lisapietsch @“]
De La Tierre Maple Tequila Pound Cake
- 1cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup De La Tierre Maple Tequila Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- In mixer bowl cream butter and sweeteners.
- Mix in tequila, extract and eggs.
- Add all other ingredients and mix until fluffy.
- Turn into greased 10 inch cake pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake in 300-degree oven 55 minutes, until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- While hot, drizzle with 1/4 cup maple mixed with 1 Tablespoon tequila and garnish with additional walnuts if desired.
- Cover hot cake with aluminum foil until syrup mix is absorbed.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cool.
*For a sugar-free version, substitute Splenda for Sugar and use sugar-free maple flavored syrup.
For more recipes using De La Tierre Maple Tequila Liqueur, click here.
[Tweet “Tequila isn’t just for sipping! Try this delicious @ Pound Cake by @lisapietsch”]