I won’t lie or pretend to be unbiased here. I love Malinalli Tequila Extra Anejo. It is the little black dress of tequilas. Whether it is a drink for one with a book, a quiet night for two, or special celebration with friends, Malinalli is perfect.
But just because it is great for drinking doesn’t mean you can’t cook with it. In fact just a little goes a long way. In this recipe I discovered that the delicate spices in Malinalli Extra Anejo Tequila are the perfect accent flavors for German apple cake.
[Tweet “Malinalli Tequila Extra Anejo, the Little Back Dress of Tequilas. @malinallitequil“]
If you are a fan of aged tequilas and enjoy a well-made apple cake then you will want to try this recipe.
Malinalli German Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
- 2 cups Sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Malinalli Extra Anejo
- 2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13 inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool on a wire rack. Once cake is cool serve with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar or with a Cream Cheese Frosting and, of course, a snifter of Malinalli Tequila!
[Tweet “Malinalli Tequila @malinallitequil Extra Anejo German Apple Cake Recipe”]