Touring with Tequila Aficionado is a pretty simple process for our sponsors.
Here’s a quick checklist that walks you through the process of getting your brand on a Tequila Aficionado Tour:
- You commit to coming on tour and tell us how many expressions you want on board. This can happen by clicking on a button on our tour page, an email, phone call, text or private message.
- We’ll reserve your space(s) on the tour.
- We send you an invoice via email and include shipping instructions for 2 bottles of each expression you want on the tour.
- You make your payment by using the link on the invoice to pay with a credit card or bank transfer. We have a payment cutoff date to ensure we have a proper budget for tour preparations that includes deposits for campgrounds and interview locations; paying for gas to transport us, our gear and your booze.
- You send 2 bottles per expression to us by the cutoff date. This cutoff date is necessary to ensure we have enough time to film, produce and schedule unboxing videos; take brand photography for memes and promotional videos; sorting and balancing the load in the RV; and scheduling posts and videos to go out on social media between events.
This Year’s Tour Proceeds as Follows:
July 1: We’ll begin retweeting as many of our sponsors’ tweets as we can, helping to build their following with ours. 60-Second Sipping Off the Cuff videos will air as native Facebook, Twitter and Instagram videos once per day. Unboxing videos will air as native Facebook and Instagram videos once per day.
July 20: We roll!
August 9: We’ll arrive at Mammoth Lakes, California, and begin interviewing the people behind the shows, select brands represented at the show, and any of our sponsors that are at the show or nearby.
August 10-11: We’ll cover the Mammoth Margarita Fest with photos, interviews, livestreaming and recorded videos. We’ll also do pre-event and post event panel discussions with our Tequila Jockeys and special guests.
August 12: We’ll pack up our gear and move on to Yosemite National Park for some epic photo shoots with our brand sponsors’ bottles.
We’ll begin booking interview times with any of our sponsors attending the next show in Monterey, California.
October 12: We’ll arrive at the Hyatt Regency in Monterey for the Monterey Bay Tequila and Cuisine and begin interviews and panel discussions with event personnel, brand representatives, and our Tequila Jockeys. We’ll attend all of the Monterey Bay Tequila and Cuisine events and report them back to our followers with live and recorded video, photos and an event writeup by Mike Morales.
October 14: We’ll wrap up in Monterey and then take advantage of some great photo opportunities on the coast before driving south.
October 25: We’ll arrive in Pasadena for El Cholo’s annual Tequila Tour Event at Paseo Colorado.
October 26: We’ll set up for the Tequila Aficionado VIP Tasting Hour taking place just prior to the El Cholo Tequila Tour event. (Our sponsors and their representatives and distillers are welcome to attend and represent their brands but it isn’t required since we’ll have Tequila Aficionado personnel on hand to guide tasters through all the sponsor brands we’ll be pouring.)
October 27: We’ll wrap at El Cholo with a brunch for our crew, sponsors and special guests and then hit the road to make our way back to Tequila Aficionado HQ in Texas.
Sometimes, our sponsors express fears that we won’t represent their brands with their voice. The fact is we don’t, we won’t, and that’s a good thing. We represent your brand to our audience in our voice. We don’t whitewash our communications because they work.
Where most brands fail in a Tequila Aficionado Tour is by trying to control it. That’s not your job.
By setting a basic itinerary and plan with a commitment of particular deliverables, we can ensure we do our jobs and leave enough room for organic growth and creativity which leads to even more content created for our sponsors. By leaving room for creativity, we allow the magic to happen.
The number of expressions we can take on this tour is limited so click here to reserve your spots now!